Sunday, 15 January 2017

Interlude in KL

Friday 6 January 2017

We went to breakfast late as usual. It is nice to take time. Timbo packed lots of water for the journey. We took our time and he rested a little bit. Timbo had reserved the taxi for midday and we clashed with the children leaving school early as it is Friday. It did not take us long, however, to get out on the open road. The driver had a special machine that took the road toll off him as we came to both the toll booths. We made excellent time and arrived a little before 2.30.

The room has a walk in shower and bathroom. Timbo likes the extra space. He told me of his favourite hotel in Berlin that has the same sort of arrangement. The view was not fantastic, but there was a park below that looked quite pleasant.

After we had checked in and unpacked as chief as we needed, Timbo went to the Business Centre to try to book the train journeys. He only managed to get so far and got no further or else the Malaysian train website did not have an English option. The lady tried to help us on the lap top and despite trying several browsers we got nowhere. So we used the Business Centre's Windows desktops and it worked. For both journeys. Timbo was very happy.

After another rest, poor old Timbo, we went to see if he could buy some posh toiletries he likes that were running down. They did not have them. Timbo was not best pleased. It was not that far from the hotel, so it was not a big waste of time.

We had dinner in the posh restaurant called 'thirty8' because it is on the 38th floor. It also had a view of the Petronas Towers, if you were sitting in the right place. 

The view of the Petronas Towers
It was scrummy nosh and I thought perhaps Timbo was getting a little bit better. We went to bed and this time he slept more soundly than ever before since he caught this cold.

Saturday 7 January 2017

We did nothing in KL, merely rested Timbo some more. I thought a short rest after breakfast would revive him and it did. We then went down to the pool and Timbo sprawled himself out. He sounded less poorly though he kept saying his chest was not good.

Once the sun was well behind the other buildings we went back to the room, showered and got ready for dinner. We decided to try the other restaurant in the hotel, 'JP teres'. It was a sports bar as well as a restaurant. Timbo liked it there apart from the football, the large TV screens, and the volume they were playing at. Back to bed, and I am sure Timbo is much, much better now. He is being nicely grumpy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment